Lex10 tagged me up with the ’8 Random Facts’ internet thang – here goes nothing. First, the rules:
The Rules: Players start with 8 random facts about themselves. Those who are tagged should post these rules [done!] and their 8 random facts. Players should tag eight other people and notify them that they have been tagged.
- I love limes. They can provide 2 (the toughest 2 to do well) of the 5 tastes: sour and bitter. Match with sweet -> limeade, Key Lime Pie. Match with salt -> “I’m so wrecked”. Match with umami -> ceviche.
- I used to be disgusted, but now I try to be amused.
- Two (realistic) places I want to see before they box me up: Barranca del Cobre and someplace in Central America (likely Costa Rica) where I can fish (tarpon and offshore), swim, herp-splore and birdwatch.
- I believe in normal distributions and in muddling through. Once-in-a-million events are just that – don’t be looking for miracles.
- Speaking of miracles, the problem of evil and powers of 10 are why I’m an atheist.
- Three more go go, eh? Oh, wait – now just two…
- I’m ridiculously cheap about some things and spendthrift when it comes to others.
- For my tenth birthday, a buddy and I went to see 2001: A Space Odyssey in a real movie theater (huge screen). ‘Nuff said.
If you want me to officially tag you for this, just let me know – otherwise I’ll be pinging folks over the next few weeks (with, of course, no expectation of anything other than instant email deletion).